WHO IS KRISTOFFER A. DIEL?
- Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors® – Accredited Marine Surveyor #870
- International Association of Marine Investigators – Certified Marine Investigator #77
- U. S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- American Boat and Yacht Council – Accredited
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- New Orleans Port Safety Council
- New Orleans Propeller Club
- Life Corporate member U.S. Naval Institute
- Member Boat-US Technical Exchange
- Life Member – U.S. Navy League.
- Seven Seas Cruising Association
MARINE ORIENTED TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
- In the last twelve months have completed seminars on:
- ABYC Marine Law Symposium
- USPAP 7 Hour
- ABYC Elect. Technician
- USCG Aux – Vessel Examiner
- Chapman’s – Stuart FL- Instructor for “Damage & Joint Field Surveys for Surveyors” from 2005-2015
- Graduated, head-of-class, at the Chapman School – Yacht and Small Craft Survey course in Oct. 2002.
- First Marine Insurance Co. – Watercraft Training Seminar.
- University and correspondence courses in:
- Yacht Design; Diesel Engines; Admiralty Law; International Law; HVAC; International Maritime Law; 35 mm Photography; Rigging Terminology; International Trade & Finance; Marine Insurance; Investigative Surveying of Marine Casualties; Maritime Safety Awareness, Automobile Cargo stowage.
- BS Degree in Cartography – University of Oregon.
- Baccalaureate- Mapps College-Barbados
- While growing up worldwide, I built, restored, and raced many small wood sailboats, culminating in a restored 1925 – 32′ Seabird Yawl.
- U.S. Navy Steam Engineer (BT-2) (1966-72). During this time attended service schools and training programs in Petroleum/Oil/Lubricants, Boiler Water Treatment, and Pneumatic Automatic Combustion Control Systems.
- 15 + years, owned a Worldwide Logistics Management Company based in the USA.
- 5 + years in the Disaster Management restoration construction business, retired as Senior Construction Estimator and Division Manager for S.O.S. International, a global disaster management corporation.
- Went cruising in 1992 to Central and South America in a 24′ engineless gaff schooner.
- Spent 8 years managing Pedro Miguel Boat Club, a Small Craft Repair Facility and International Yacht Club in the Panama Canal. I also conducted yacht damage surveys under the tutelage of a Lloyd’s surveyor.
- Living aboard since 1988; currently upon a 45′ Morgan CC ketch..
- Full time Marine Surveyor since 2002. Specializing in Maritime Accident Investigations, worldwide.